Friday, August 31, 2007

Review of Fraud

First off, I was a bit skeptical about this effect. I had a large amount of problems with E. I really liked the trick though, and love all of Garcia's effects. I thought I would give them another try. I got this DVD with no problem.
Effect: You borrow a dollar bill, have them sign it, then you move the seal from one side of the bill to the other.
DVD: The DVD quality is HD and is excellent. The artwork is pretty nice, too.
Teaching: The teaching is great. He goes over EVERYTHING into detail. You will not have any questions. He explains everything clear and well.
The Gimmick: It does require a gimmick. You will most likely have everything you need to perform this effect. There is a slight chance, however, that you will not. I would say about 95% of you have it. If you do not have it, it can be rather expensive. I am sure you can use your friend's or use it at work if you have it. The gimmick took me about 15 minutes to make for the first time. You will want to make a few gimmicks so you will be set for a week or so, depending on how often you perform this effect.
Angles: This trick is ALMOST angle proof. Depending on how you perform it, it can be 100% angle proof. The way I perform it, it can be almost completly surrounded. You can though perform this completly surrounded.
Difficulty: Once the gimmick is set up, a five year old could perform this effect.
Reset: This effect has about a 30 second reset, maybe less. You can not reset in public but it will be rather quick to reset the trick.
Reactions: I performed this effect for my mom the second day I got it. It took me only about 15 minutes of practice. My mom sat there and stared at the bill. She was dumbfounded. She said it was a really good trick I performed.
Price: With shipping, this trick cost me $30 USD. I would say it was well worth the price.
Overall: If you do not mind set up and making a gimmick, then I would HIGHLY reccomend this trick. The reactions are great. It is a reputation maker. However, if you do not like set up, you will probably be dissapointed in this trick and not like it.
8.5/10

1 comment:

octempelates said...

Enchantment traps or shows are cherished by everybody, except not very many really attempt to figure out how to do and perform them. To learn enchantment is very simple. However, you do need to practice and appreciate being a performer. dubai magician